- Reduce the quantity of indoor air contaminants that are odorous, irritating, and or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.
- all ADHESIVES and SEALANTS used in interior of building (inside weather proofing system & applied on-site) is to comply with South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168 and Green Seal (GS) Standard for Commercial Adhesives GS-36.
- flooring adhesives, fire-stopping sealants, caulking, duct sealants, plumbing adhesives, cove base adhesives.
- South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168, October 3, 2003 Amendment
- Green Seal Standard 36 (GS-36), Oct, 2000
Indoor Environmental Air Quality
- EQ P1 – Minimum IAQ Performance (prerequisite )
- EQ P2 – Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) Control (prerequisite )
- EQ 1 – Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring
- EQ 2 – Increased Ventilation
- EQ 3.1 – Construction IAQ Management Plan, During Construction
- EQ 3.2 – Construction IAQ Management Plan, Before Occupancy
- EQ 4.1 – Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives & Sealants
- EQ 4.2 – Low-Emitting Materials, Paint & Coatings
- EQ 4.3 – Low-Emitting Materials, Carpet Systems
- EQ 4.4 – Low-Emitting Materials, Composite Wood & Agrifiber Products
- EQ 5 – Indoor Chemical & Pollutant Source Control
- EQ 6.1 – Controllability of Systems, Lighting
- EQ 6.2 – Controllability of Systems, Thermal Comfort
- EQ 7.1 – Thermal Comfort, Design
- EQ 7.2 – Thermal Comfort, Verification
- EQ 8.1 -Daylight & Views, Daylight 75% of Spaces
- EQ 8.2 – Daylight & Views, Views for 90% of Spaces